If you have been curious to see what Oil and Cold wax painting is about, this taster course is for you!
I’m Sherri Harris, a local oil and cold wax abstract painter. I have been studying oil and cold wax for the last 5 years. I will provide all the basic info to give you a peek into the beauty of working in oil and cold wax. This course will cover the basic “rules” for working in oil and cold wax and how to use all the materials.
What will this taster course cover?
- Intro into Oil and Cold Wax- set up, mixing, layering, mark making
- Alla Prima painting
- Live demos!
- Plenty of time for Q&A and exploring oil and cold wax yourself.
List of Supplies:
- Oils (keep this limited palette) also a few transparent oils. Some of my favorites… asphaltum, transparent earth red, Indian yellow
- Palette knives
- Messermeister bowl scraper (on amazon the small and large set would be perfect)
- R&F pigment sticks
- Charcoal, pencil, any mark making tools
I will also have plenty of tools.
If you have an acrylic painting that has not been sealed feel free to bring it.
If you’d like to bring a 12”x12” cradled wood panel to work on that would be great. I will provide wax.
Hope to see you all in August!