If you want to support art in the Galveston County region, please consider joining the Galveston Art League. Our nonprofit organization, founded in 1914 to promote visual arts and arts education, has been staffed exclusively by volunteers since day one. We welcome both artists and non-artists alike.
Benefits of Membership
- Show your work in our art gallery in downtown Galveston in the popular arts district of Postoffice Street
- Members can enter up to 3 works each month for 9 months, plus compete at a discount in 3 juried competitions each year
- Only 20% commission on all gallery sales
- Members-only preview parties are held every month to toast newly exhibited pieces, meet artists, and purchase works.
- Members are the first to be notified about the low-cost workshops held in the Postoffice Street gallery.
Must be enrolled in at least nine (9) full-time semester hours and have a valid student ID to qualify.
Individual member benefits for two persons in the same household; each individual must submit works for member and juried shows separately.
Professional Individual: $100.00
Regular membership benefits plus eligibility to submit Featured Artist proposals and link to artist’s website on GAL webpage
Professional Family: $150.00
Professional member benefits for two persons in the same household; each individual must submit works for member and juried shows separately
Individuals or businesses who wish to advance the mission of the Art League; includes recognition on website and at the annual volunteer reception.
Professional member benefits plus waiver of annual membership fees.
Problem with your membership purchase — Call Fontaine at 832 474-2882.