The Featured Artist Program allows a member to expand the number of works exhibited during a regular non-juried exhibition. They will be highlighted in a display at the front of the gallery and promoted as part of the exhibit.
How to Apply
The Artist submits a proposal containing a brief biography/resume and a description of the work to be exhibited with photographic examples. Proposals are submitted by e-mail to the featured artist representative from the Board of Directors who will present them to the Board. Board meetings are held monthly.
Acceptance will be made by the GAL Board of Directors or by a Board-appointed committee. The artist will be informed one week after the Board meeting about the decision of the Board. In the event that more than one proposal is received, the Board may opt to request that those proposals not selected at that time be exhibited at a later, specified date, without resubmitting a proposal.
Artists may reapply every two years to be considered for the featured artist designation. Artwork should be new/different from that shown in the first exhibition.
The GAL typically holds a member’s preview party on the first Friday of your exhibit from 6-7:30 pm. You will have the opportunity to discuss your background, your interests in art, information about your work on display, etc. This should be a brief (5-minute) presentation / discussion.
Another reception is at the discretion of the featured artist, but not during ArtWalk. Historically, the private receptions have generated many sales for the featured artist; therefore, GAL encourages you to hold a private affair during the month your works are on display. There is no cost to the artist for the use of the space. You are only required to provide refreshments and invite the guests.
GAL will also develop and disseminate information about the exhibit to local publications for promotion.
- Be a member in good standing for one year and have been accepted into a GAL juried show within two years.
- Pay GAL a non-refundable $100 rental fee after acceptance.
- Join at the professional level ($100 per year).
- Offer all exhibited work for sale.
- Be responsible for the optional private reception.
- Staff GAL for two days during the time of the featured exhibition.
- Be available for publicity and photos about the featured exhibition.
- Donate to GAL the usual 20% from sales of work.